How much turkey to buy?
For generous servings and leftovers for the next day, follow the simple rule of 1 pound per serving.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the turkey.
- Remove the giblets and neck from the body and neck cavities. To remove the neck, it may be necessary to release the legs from the hock lock.
- Rinse the turkey inside and out with cool water, then pat dry with a paper towel or clean cloth. Your turkey is now ready for roasting to a delicious golden brown.
- Place breast side up on a rack in the shallow oven roasting pan.
- Place a ‘tent’ of aluminium foil, shiny side down, over the turkey.
- Roast in 325°F oven.
- Turkey may be basted. Foil should be removed during the last half hour for final browning.
- Timer should pop during the specified time (see time table below). However, the oven indicator may not be accurate. Use a meat thermometer in the deepest part of the thigh or breast to verify that the temperature has reached 180°F. Alternatively, make a test cut to be sure there is no evidence of raw meat.
Roasting Time Table
- 8-12 lbs 325°F 3-4.5 Hours
- 12-16 lbs 325°F 4.5-5.5 Hours
- 16-20 lbs 325°F 5.5-6.5 Hours
- 20-24 lbs 325°F 6.5-7.5 Hours
- 24-28 lbs 325°F 7-8 Hours
Cooking Bag Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (do not exceed 400°F).
- Place the bird in the bag. Close with the included nylon tag.
- Cut slits in the top of the bag and place in a pan at least 2 inches deep.
- Do not allow the bag to hang over the sides of the pan or touch the oven’s top.
- Bake until the thermometer pops.
Fresh Turkey Breast
If frozen, place turkey breast in the original wrapper on a tray and thaw it in the refrigerator for 2 days. Alternatively, the breast in original wrapping can be placed in a deep pan and completely covered with cold water, changing the water every 30 min until the breast is thawed. Never thaw at room temperature.
Preheat oven until 350°F. Brush breast with oil or butter. Remove the breast from the oven when the pop-up timer pops or when the breast reaches an internal temperature of 170°F.
Smoked Turkey / Smoked Breast
This product is cured, fully cooked and smoked, but still must be refrigerated. It may be served hot or cold.
To reheat, remove the wrapper and place the turkey in a shallow pan containing 2 cups of water. Cover turkey with an aluminium foil ‘tent.’ Place in a 350°F oven for 1.75-2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 140°F-145°F. Do not stuff. Stuffing must be prepared separately.
This turkey may be frozen, thawed, and refrozen, but refreezing does cause some loss of flavor and moistness.
Turkey Pot Pies
3 Sizes – Small, Large, Family.
Turkey Pot Pie Baking Instructions:
Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
Heat at 350 degrees :
Small – 30-35 minutes
Large – 45-50 minutes
Family Size – 60-90 minutes
Leave Us A Message
*Do not place orders here*